Child Care assistance is available in the state of California. Kiwi Preschool accepts families who are qualified to receive state funds. These programs are vital to low income parents who need child care to work or go to school. Please refer to the list below for specific information on each program.


Community Child Care CenterCOMMUNITY CHILD CARE COUNCIL OF SONOMA COUNTY operates The Voucher Programs (VP) or Alternative Payment Programs (APP).

These are “parent choice” subsidized child care programs for families who meet eligibility and need criteria. The enrolled child and parent(s) or guardians must live and/or work in the State of California. Parents have the right and responsibility to select the most appropriate child care situation for their children.

Parents can obtain more information on admission priorities by calling 4C’s main office (707) 544-3077 or by going to their website:


Human Services DepartmentSONOMAWORKS CHILD CARE PROGRAM provides help with child care payments so that parents can go to work or participate in other activities required by SonomaWORKS. Parents will have to meet both the SonomaWORKS cash aid requirements and SonomaWORKS child care requirements to qualify for help with child care. This is the first stage of a larger program, the CalWORKS Child Care Program. Once your need for child care becomes stable, you will move on to Stages 2 and 3 of the CalWORKs Child Care Program.

Stages 2 and 3 are handled and paid for by three local non-profit agencies: Community Child Care Council (4Cs) of Sonama County, Professional Association for Childhood Education Alternative – Payment Program (PACE-APP), and River Child Care Services (RCCS).

You can move to Stage 2 or 3 and continue to receive cash aid from SonomaWORKS.

You can contact their main office by calling (707) 565-5500 or going to their website: